Top home remedies for toothaches
Continuous toothaches can be frustrating along with being painful, of course. This pain won’t only affect your mood, but also take you out of your routine life. Be it an infection, tooth decay, or anything, it’s a must to visit a dentist as soon as possible and get it treated.
However, there are certain home remedies that you can effectively apply to get rid of toothaches. These remedies are proven and can help you get rid of toothaches efficiently.
So, what are these remedies? Dentists from our dental clinic list them in this blog further on.
Proven home remedies to get rid of toothache
Readout the proven home remedies to get rid of toothaches below.
- Mouthwash with saltwater: This is one of the first and the most reliable ways to get rid of toothache. Saltwater can subside swelling, and give the healing process a pace.
Just rinse 1 tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water and stir around in the mouth for around 30 seconds. Repeat this process at least 4 to 5 times to get the best and quick results from this treatment.
- Ice pack: If the toothache is due to injury, an ice pack might be your best bet. Just hold the ice pack outside your cheeks for a few minutes. It would let the blood flow freely again, hence, giving you relief from toothache. The ice pack can even subside swelling and inflammation, which gives you another concrete reason to go with the same.
- Cloves: Cloves incorporate eugenol which is a natural aesthetic. The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of cloves can fight tooth infection due to bacteria and hence, help you get rid of it.
You can either use dry cloves or clove oil. If you are using dry cloves, just chew the same gently for around 20 minutes. If you are using clove oil, use a piece of cotton ball, soak the same with cotton oil, and apply it to the infected area.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is a proven antibacterial mouthwash. If you feel that toothache is due to infection, you can rinse with hydrogen peroxide to get some relief from the same. Just take 98% water in a cup, and mix 2% hydrogen peroxide into it. Now, rinse it in your mouth for about 30 seconds. After that, spit out the combination and rinse your mouth several times with water. Remember, hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous if swallowed. Hence, be careful while rinsing with it, and make sure to rinse your mouth properly with plain water after spitting out the combination.
- Acupressure: Research suggests that acupressure is one of the reliable ways to get rid of toothaches. Acupressure makes the body release endorphins, hence, providing you some relief from the pain.
However, make sure that you know the right way to apply acupressure. Research well, know the right ways to do it, and apply the same with perfection to get the best results from it.
Here’s a reference article on using acupressure for toothache.
Toothache is frustrating and disrupts our routine lives considerably. However, keeping the above tips in your mind, and applying them rightly can really pull you out of trouble soon.
If you desire to get more information, or if you are looking for a good dentist in Hesperia, CA to get rid of your toothache or get any other dental treatment, contact Maple Dental. Our Hesperia dentistry team comes with immense experience that helps us to reach out to the root of the dental issue, and hence, provide the best treatment for the same.
To connect with our dentists and get dental treatment from the best, call us at 760-949-7274.