How to Get Rid of Bad Breath?
Bad breath can be embarrassing. As per a recent study, more than 25% of the world’s population is affected by a condition named Halitosis or in simple words, bad breath. The number rises considerably when we talk about morning bad breath.
In this advanced world, there has to be a cure for this embarrassing condition. Unfortunately, there isn’t. The reason is simple, a lot of potential reasons. Just like an allergy, it’s tough to figure out one solid reason for bad breath, which makes the cure for it a bit difficult.
However, there are certain proven ways of ensuring that you can follow yourself to keep the bad breath away or help you to get rid of the same. Our dentists in Hesperia CA list them below. Do go through them as they might genuinely help you to keep your breath fresh and improve your overall dental hygiene.
Best Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Check out some of the best and most reliable ways to get rid of bad breath below.
- Drink More Water: Drinking plenty of water is the first and the most reliable way to get rid of bad breath. The bacteria in your mouth release tartars that can cause bad breath.
Drinking more water simply flushes out these harmful bacteria and hence no tartars will be formed. The more you drink water, the more it will be good for the overall health of your mouth and body. Also, form a habit of gargling frequently. You can gargle thrice a day to get rid of bad breath. Try to do it with warm water and some salt.
- Brush More Often: You might have often heard that brushing twice is a must. Well, that’s not false at all. The sticky buildup of your teeth attracts a lot of bacteria every day, which eventually gives birth to bad breath. Plus, the trapped food of your entire day just encourages these bacteria to reside in your mouth. Brushing at least twice a day would help you get rid of bacteria and trapped food. If you are going through bad breath, we recommend doing it thrice, just for some quick relief. However, make sure not to overdo it, as it might weaken your teeth.
- Say No to Smoking & Tobacco: Smoking & tobacco are just terrible for health. Not only cancer, but smoking & tobacco can bring many bad health conditions, and bad breath is one of them.
The chemicals released from smoking often stick to your mouth, which kills the good bacteria that are actually necessary for your mouth and encourages the bad bacteria to reside.
As mentioned, these bad bacteria release tartars which eventually cause bad breath. Now, tobacco! Tobacco weakens your gums, which causes several gum diseases. These diseases cause bad breath, which stays for a really long time.
- Stay Right with Your Diet: Consuming a lot of onions and garlic does cause bad breath. Hence, reducing the intake of onions and garlic is always advised to ensure that your breath stays in a good space. Also, consuming a lot of sugar can be a bit harmful here. Adjust your diet a bit, reduce the consumption of onion, garlic and sugar, and you might just get rid of bad breath.
- Don’t Ignore Dental Issues: Make sure to visit a dentist as soon as you notice or experience any dental health issues. Not visiting a dentist along with increasing the issue extent would also cause bad breath. And, the bad breath caused due to dental issues is always difficult to get rid of.
Maintaining good oral health is a must to keep the bad breath, and not ignoring even minor dental issues is one important part of doing so.
As mentioned, there’s no concrete cure for bad breath as there are a number of potential reasons for the same. However, keeping the above ways in your mind and trying them might just help you out get rid of it.
Our dentists in Hesperia CA highly advise you to visit your dentist as soon as possible if bad breath has been troubling you for a while, and no cure has been helping you out.
If bad breath has been troubling you and if you are looking for the best dentist in Hesperia CA, you need not look further than the dental team of Maple Dental. To book your appointment with our dental team, reach out to us at 760-949-7274.