How Does Your Oral Health Affects Your Overall Health?
Brushing twice a day with good toothpaste is never enough to maintain good oral health. Well, in this era of junk food and a lot of calories, you really need to go an extra mile to ensure that your oral health and your overall body health stay in the good form.
Well, you might or might not agree, but maintaining your oral health is a must to ensure that your overall health stays well.
Numerous people ignore their oral health not knowing the fact that they might be compromising their body health too.
Our dentists in Hesperia CA give you some solid reasons why oral health is so important for your overall health further on. Just hang around, and keep reading.
What are the Conditions Linked to Oral Health?
Well, your mouth is an entry point to your digestive and respiratory tracts. Hence, of course, there are a bunch of conditions linked to your oral health. And, you must know them in order to take the necessary precautions, and stay away from them.
Read out some of the major conditions that might hit you if you don’t take care of your oral health below.
- Cancer: This is a major condition that is directly linked to your oral health. Consuming tobacco or smoking degrades your oral health, gives birth to gum diseases, and hence, might lead you to something very severe like cancer. Poor oral health is often responsible for pancreatic and blood cancer.
- Pneumonia: In case, you don’t know, pneumonia is a lung infection caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. When you have cavities, these particles reside in your mouth, hence, giving birth to conditions like pneumonia.
- Endocarditis: Poor oral health and heart disease can combine and bring endocarditis condition for you. Endocarditis implies inflammation of the lining of your heart valves.
- Complications in Pregnancy: Well, oral health is always important, but when you are pregnant, you need to be extra careful with it. Studies have proven that poor oral health is often a cause of miscarriage, low birth weight, stillbirth, etc.
Remember, poor oral health won’t only impact you, but the baby inside too. It is believed that poor oral health might just impart an effect on the fetus too.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Poor oral health can often cause several cardiovascular diseases like heart disease, clogged arteries, and even stroke. These diseases are quite severe, and your bad oral habits and health can just lead you to them.
Importance of Oral Health
Well, you might think that your mouth is different from your body, but as mentioned, the respiratory and digestive tracts go through it, and hence, indirectly, but they are connected to each other, quite firmly.
Poor oral health can often cause several gum diseases, and they might lead to something severe like cancer.
Hence, if you have been neglecting your oral health until now, it’s time that you think on the other track.
Oral health is one topic that too many people don’t take seriously. However, the consequences of it are often severe. Hence, make sure to take care of your mouth as much as you take care of your body.
If you feel like getting more information, or if you are going through any oral disease and looking for the best dentist in Hesperia CA, you need not look further than Maple Dental. Our dental team goes deep, figures out the issue from the root, and provides a permanent solution to the same. To book your appointment with us, reach out to us at 760-949-7274.